1. Don't Water-Wash your EV Instead Just Do a Wet Cloth Cleanup
We discourage water-washing electric vehicles (EVs) for various reasons.
- EVs have electronic components, such as sensors, wiring harnesses, integrated circuits, etc., and water intrusion could damage their performance and longevity.
- The internal components of the EV, such as the motor, controller, and battery pack, could be damaged if exposed to high-pressure water washing.
- Water-washing EVs may involve using a lot of water, which makes eco-friendly EVs seem contradictory.
Finally, to ensure the safety and ideal performance of EVs, even those with removable battery packs, it is recommended to simply use a wet cloth for EV cleanup.
2. Once a Month, Completely Discharge your EV.
Maintaining the charge of the EV can be difficult at times, but we will make it easier for you! Typically, the percentage of battery charging and the percentage of battery consumed in a day differ most of the time, resulting in an abnormal EV charging pattern and thus leading to the premature degradation of cells present in the battery pack!
Day 1: Ajay charges his EV to 100% and consumes 40% by the evening.
Day 2: Ajay charges to 70% and uses 60% by the evening and so on.
Isn't this a common and convenient way of charging an EV?
Well, in reality, this convenient way of charging eventually causes abnormalities in the battery pack's cells. Thus, it is essential to completely discharge and then fully recharge the electric vehicle once a month! It will increase battery life, safeguard the cells from damage, and provide the necessary range that a battery would require for effortless operation.
3. Proper EV Maintenance = Good Driving Methods.
When it comes to driving an electric vehicle and maintaining it, the riding methods are critical factors. Although the optimal speed for efficiency in an electric vehicle varies depending on the brand and design, the easiest way to maintain an EV is to drive at a speed ranging from 40 to 60 kmph.
Electric vehicles are more efficient when driven between 40 and 60 kmph.
Rapid acceleration or deceleration, aggressive braking, and braking while accelerating will potentially reduce the performance of the motor and the battery.
Are you thinking about how much of a positive difference it makes?
- EVs are more cost-effective when driven with good driving methods.
- This may result in a greater driving range on a single charge and improve the overall battery health of the vehicle.
- Driving at a constant pace allows for better use of regenerative braking, which helps recharge the battery while on the ride.
4. Less Air Pressure in the Tyres will Result in "Concerned You!"
Maintaining the correct air pressure in electric vehicle tyres is critical.
- Low air pressure consumes more battery while driving, even with a constant payload.
- The rear tyres of some electric two-wheelers have the motor of the vehicle fixed to them. A slight impact during the pursuit to get a flat tyre fixed can lead to significant damage to the motor, resulting in an inconvenience.
- Important note: Driving with low air pressure can cause both motor and rim damage, which might cost you approximately ₹30,000 to repair.
5. Regular Service Calls for a Smooth EV experience!
While electric vehicles (EVs) require less maintenance than petrol vehicles, regular servicing is still required to maintain their performance, safety, and durability.
EV servicing is quite affordable, with a maximum of 450 rupees needed for a general service!
Why regular servicing is necessary: to ensure a dependable, efficient, and comfortable electric vehicle experience!
What is included in regular EV servicing?
- Keeping track of the battery pack's health.
- Verifying that the charger and the charging port are operating properly.
- Examining the brake pads and disc brake fluids for wear and tear.
- Inspecting the whole wiring and sensor system for any flaws or concerns.
Regular maintenance helps to avoid unexpected malfunctions, guarantees safety, and maximizes the efficiency and endurance of the electric vehicle.